Hayley’s custom wedding gown is an applied jersey lace with English net accents, v neck and gathered cap sleeves. We used the fabric from a dress from Anthropolgie that she fell in love with, but the fit was off, and had a few details she didn’t care for. We deconstructed the entire thing, and re-cut the dress to fit Hayley properly with her custom pattern. We modified the side princess seam panels with English net and added a curved princess seam from the waistline into the hip line, giving the dress a more smooth look, while accenting Hayley’s curves. We also added a tipped drop waist in layers of English net to create a soft mermaid skirt and subtle train. The addition of a floor length cut edge veil completed her look.
I very rarely get a fiance who comes to the fittings, but since Hayley was from out of town, he was there. When we finished the dress, she really wanted to show him, so I was able to get a few photos of that. I’m so honored that I was able to witness such a private moment. They’re sooo in love!
Here you can see the original Miriam dress from Anthropologie. You can see where we switched out the ‘fishy’ texture on the side seams, as well as the sleeve and neckline change, with the addition of the skirt and train. Such a fun dress!